The Kenneth Myer Innovation Fellowships support breakthrough solutions to Australia’s most pressing social and environmental challenges. Fellows each receive $150,000 for their 12-month commitment to the program.
Over the past ten years, the Kenneth Myer Innovation Fellowship program has supported some of Australia’s brightest, self-directed leaders to forge breakthrough solutions to challenges facing Australia today — from poverty and disadvantage to sustainability and the environment. Unlike many opportunities for social change, the Fellowship program provides support to individuals rather than organisations.
Fellows are offered the unique opportunity to take 12 months away from their current role to pursue big ideas that have the potential to achieve positive outcomes in the program themes of:
- poverty and disadvantage
- sustainability and environment
- human, civil and legal rights.
The Myer Foundation and Sidney Myer Fund seek ideas that are:
- high impact: likely to produce results in the areas of human, civil and legal rights, poverty and disadvantage, and/or sustainability and environment including climate change
- unique: different from existing approaches
- scalable and sustainable: the potential to scale up quickly and be sustainable over time.
And leaders who are:
- experienced and entrepreneurial: a proven track record of achievement in their field and an appetite for risk-taking
- passionate and connected: a genuine commitment and passion for their cause and the network to make it happen.